NEPK Connect:

1,800+ members and counting!

Join New England's largest and oldest community-run network of traceurs and traceuses to coordinate training sessions, share pics and vids, and discuss parkour.

User Login

To start connecting please log in first. You can also create an account.

- OR -

Website Questions

Home Forums Ideas & Suggestions Website Questions

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AngelinaC AngelinaC 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AngelinaC
    AngelinaC
    Participant

I’m liking the new site a lot. I have a few questions, though, and I’m sure others will too, so here’s a topic for it, I guess.

My personal questions are about the “add a location” as a separate feature from the “training grounds” thread on the forum and the hotspot map. Where does that go? What does it do? Does it get added to the map? To the forum thread? Somewhere completely different?

Also, I’m getting errors whenever I try to add photos. This could be just my computer, but I’m also wondering if we’re somehow not allowed to upload photos as regular users. I saved a location I was working on as a draft but I can’t find the draft now. Any ideas? Thanks!

AngelinaC
    Participant

How do I add a youtube video to the videos section instead of uploading the file? My file is too big to upload to this site (>7MB).

Profile photo of Jackie
    Jackie
    Keymaster

You can post a link to the youtube video either as a new topic in the forums here or on the NEPK facebook group, and it’ll soon get added to the Videos page.

To answer your earlier questions, revamping the locations/training grounds section is next on the to-do list for the site. If you notice any other oddities, let me know; it’s very useful to hear!

AngelinaC
    Participant

Can users add blog posts on here? It says we can on the welcome page, but I can’t seem to find an area for adding a personal blog post. I think it’s fine if the blog is just for official news, actually, but I’m just pointing out the discrepancy. If regular users can add blog posts, can you tell me how? Because if I’m missing the button, someone else probably is too.

Profile photo of Theresa Traceur
    Theresa Traceur
    Participant

When I upload a picture on here for my profile pic, it crops only the top left corner of the pic and you can’t see my face at all. How do I fix this?

Profile photo of Jackie
    Jackie
    Keymaster

@Theresa: You’re right, there’s an odd glitch with the avatar uploader that prevents cropping. I’m looking into a fix for it, but in the meantime if you crop the photo yourself to 150×150 pixels first (using MS Paint or similar program) before uploading, it should look right.

@Angie: It’s a multi-step process to enable individual blogs for regular users. I wonder how many people would regularly update their own blog if they had one on this site? Might be easier to just open up the main blog to dedicated community members like yourself. If that sounds good to you, I’ll update the welcome page to reflect that.

AngelinaC
    Participant

How do I add an event? Can regular users, or do we post it in the forum and admins put the details up as a calendar event?

AngelinaC
    Participant

When I got to the “add an event” link somewhere on the about us section, the link went to an error message on ning: http://neparkour.ning.com/events/event/new

I thought we had left that site. Is this why maybe we can’t add events?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

Announcements

If you like parkour and you like to read, NEPK's resident traceuse and librarian Angie has got you covered! Head on over to the forum for her comprehensive list of books that have parkour in them, including plot summaries and reviews. Take a look, (in a book)...

All Announcements

Photo of the Month

All Photos

Events Calendar

LATEST ACTIVITY

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 items

ACTIVE MEMBERS

Profile picture of Kevin Figueroa
Profile picture of Rogue Smith
Profile picture of Tim Johnson
Profile picture of Cooper328
Profile picture of Cooper McLaughlin