NEPK Connect:

1,800+ members and counting!

Join New England's largest and oldest community-run network of traceurs and traceuses to coordinate training sessions, share pics and vids, and discuss parkour.

User Login

To start connecting please log in first. You can also create an account.

- OR -

North Dartmouth, MA – UMass Dartmouth

Home Forums Training Grounds North Dartmouth, MA – UMass Dartmouth

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

UMass Dartmouth is a Brutalist style of architecture, meaning it’s almost 100% cement, and has long flat roofs among sheer walls and overhanging benches, as seen below, this style is about as close to perfection as you can come for Parkour, the only problem I’ve found (in all of 2 weeks here) are the wide open spaces between buildings/spots.

Conditions: Just like Umass Amherst, Dartmouth is big, but has a very set architectural system. There are areas for all types of movement and training including roofs that we’re almost made to pk on, long drops, and features a very large forest that completely surrounds the school as well as intersects it in some areas.

Plod: having only been here 2 weeks I cannot accurately say how the UMass PD here would react, they seem fairly laid back, but than again I haven’t been doing anything very crazy, the faculty care even less. I will update this as the year goes by with more info.

Supplies: The campus offers just about everything you need, with 11 food service locations throughout the campus and the Campus store located in the administration building, everything you could need is right there. For those uncomfortable eating on campus downtown North Dartmouth is a 5 minute bus ride away, which depart from the main section of campus on the hour.

Directions: It’s fairly simple just off of 195 exit 12 its a easy location, especially when you get close and the signs all lead you there.

Google Maps Link

http://www.umassd.edu/directions/maincampus.cfm

Overall: maybe not as much of a heaven as Amherst is, but at least for me it has so far offered endless amounts of new ideas, now i just have to wait until the point at which I can do them /Cheesy

Pictures:
    UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

UMass Dartmouth

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

Announcements

If you like parkour and you like to read, NEPK's resident traceuse and librarian Angie has got you covered! Head on over to the forum for her comprehensive list of books that have parkour in them, including plot summaries and reviews. Take a look, (in a book)...

All Announcements

Photo of the Month

All Photos

Events Calendar

LATEST ACTIVITY

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 items

ACTIVE MEMBERS

Profile picture of Kevin Figueroa
Profile picture of Rogue Smith
Profile picture of Tim Johnson
Profile picture of Cooper328
Profile picture of Cooper McLaughlin