NEPK Connect:

1,800+ members and counting!

Join New England's largest and oldest community-run network of traceurs and traceuses to coordinate training sessions, share pics and vids, and discuss parkour.

User Login

To start connecting please log in first. You can also create an account.

- OR -

Let's Talk Shoes.

Home Forums General Parkour Talk Let's Talk Shoes.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AngelinaC AngelinaC 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gustav
    Gustav
    Participant

I am looking for a pair of shoes to buy for my parkour/cycling needs.

I was thinking some Onitsuka Tigers, but I’d love to hear what you all have to say.

Profile photo of AngelinaC
    AngelinaC
    Participant

I’ve seen those around, but haven’t tried them myself. If you get them, let us know how it is. Here’s the run-down on one of the brands I’ve tried after giving up on regular old sneakers that I’d had lying around:

Kalenji – The one I’ve got is Ekiden 50.
    Price – These cost around $40, shipping included. I don’t remember the exact price because it was converted from British Pounds, but it was around there. Because they had to ship from the UK, the shipping cost nearly as much as the shoe itself, but I’d say it was worth it.
    Size – Once I figured out my US size compared to the UK size, it was all good. The sizing was accurate, and most importantly, they had the shoe in my size. This may not matter to people who have average-sized feet, but if you’ve got extremely large or extremely small feet, even finding a shoe that fits can be a problem. These come in both men’s and women’s sizes, and run from tiny to above-average, so most people should be able to get this one in the correct size.
    Weight – These are extremely light, like having air on your feet.
    Comfort – Pretty comfortable. Not too tight or too loose and they don’t require any real breaking in. They’re ready to use right out of the box, and my feet don’t usually hurt after a full day of training.
    Grip – I’ve found that the grip is really good on these. They grip most surfaces pretty well, at least when dry. Painted railings, plain brick, and most kinds of cement are pretty well gripped by these shoes.
    Support – They have pretty good support, in both heels and arches, but you can still feel landings, ledges, corners, etc. They’re not so thin that you’re practically barefoot, but it’s not like wearing combat boots either. For me, they’re pretty much perfect.
    Durability – Very durable. I’ve had mine for about a year now, and they’re still good. I don’t go out every day, but I get weekly or so use out of them, and they’re pretty slow to wear.
    Overall – Terrific overall shoe and value.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

Announcements

If you like parkour and you like to read, NEPK's resident traceuse and librarian Angie has got you covered! Head on over to the forum for her comprehensive list of books that have parkour in them, including plot summaries and reviews. Take a look, (in a book)...

All Announcements

Photo of the Month

All Photos

Events Calendar

LATEST ACTIVITY

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 items

ACTIVE MEMBERS

Profile picture of Tim Johnson
Profile picture of Cooper328
Profile picture of Cooper McLaughlin
Profile picture of dhw10001
Profile picture of Calel Castro